ISO 17025:2017 the new and updated version of ISO 17025 was released on November 29, 2017.
This standard is applicable to all entities engaged in Calibration/Verification Sampling or Testing Laboratories. Standard applies to all small large, government or privately owned Laboratories and other entities engaged in activities of Testing, and Calibration
This standard is mostly used by Universities, Research Laboratories, Industries, Product Certifying Organizations and Inspection Bodies. It may be remembered that Calibration by ISO 17025 certified laboratories is mandatory for entities using measuring instruments and seeking ISO certifications.
Last publication of this standard was in 2005. The updating and changes were necessitated in view of technological advances in Industry and revisions in several standards of ISO from 2015 onwards.
ISO/IEC 17025 is useful for any organization that performs testing, sampling or calibration and wants reliable results. This includes all types of laboratories, whether they are owned and operated by government, industry or, in fact, any other organization. The standard is also useful to universities, research centers, governments, regulators, inspection bodies, product certification organizations and other conformity assessment bodies with the need to do testing, sampling or calibration.
The latest revision takes into account:
- Revision in scope to cover all laboratories associated with Calibration, Testing and Sampling
- New structure to align with ISO/IEC 17000 which is a standard for Conformance
- Process approach has been introduced to align with ISO 9001(Quality Management Standard) and ISO 15189(Quality of Medical Laboratories)
- IT revolution in Industries and the need to maintain electronic records
- Risk-based thinking has been introduced to align with revised ISO 9001 Standards
The new Revised ISO 17025:2017 standard is an Eight Element standard which are:
- Normative Reference
- Terms and definitions
- General Requirements which include Impartiality and confidentiality
- Structural Requirements
- Resource Requirements include Personnel, Facilities and Environmental Conditions, Equipment, Metrological Traceability, Externally Provided Products& Services
- Process Requirements which include Review of requests, tendering, Controls Verification Validation of Methods and sampling
- Management System Requirements which include Management System Documentation, Control of Management Systems, Control of Records, Actions to address Risks and Opportunities, Improvement, Corrective Actions, Internal Audits, and Management Review.
AEC an enterprise in the business of consulting for Standardization can offer expert services in Training, Document Simplification, and advice on obtaining certification for ISO 17025:2017 for any laboratory. AEC’s Disciplined tested and Verified 10 step path will guarantee certifications in new ISO 170125: 2017 or smooth and hassle-free transition to the new standard. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit our website https://www.aeciso.com/