ISO 27001 can help organizations reduce risk, optimize operations within an organization due to clearly defined responsibilities and business processes, and build a culture of information security. The framework also helps organizations in reducing security incidents and meeting additional compliance requirements.
In addition, the standard helps organizations implement controls that are relevant to its unique risks and assets, instead of providing generalized guidance that isn’t applicable to the organization. This holistic, tailored approach makes the ISO 27001 standard functional for organizations of any size, in any industry.
Protecting your organisation’s information is critical for the successful management and smooth operation of your organisation. Achieving ISO 27001 will aid your organisation in managing and protecting your valuable data and information assets.
By achieving certification to ISO 27001 your organisation will be able to reap numerous and consistent benefits including:
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Allows for secure exchange of information
- Helps you to comply with other regulations (e.g. SOX)
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Manages and minimises risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Improved Customer Confidence
- Competitive Advantage
- Improved Security
- Decreased Risk of Incident
- Increased Revenue
- Support with GDPR Compliance
- Improved Employee Engagement
What Should We expect from an ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) Information Security Management System Having In Place
- Documented Policies
- Processes and Procedures
- Consideration towards Security Risk
- Recording and Tracking of Assets
- Information Security Objectives
- Competency, Knowledge and Training Structure
- Statement of Applicability
- Incident & Breach Reporting and Investigating
- Management Review
- Register of Information Security Legislation
ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) Training by AEC
We provide both public and in-house training for any organisation implementing or assessing the Information Security Management System.
How to Achieve ISO 27001 Certification
Certification should be conducted by an ISO 27001 accredited certification body. Certification will include the following audit activities:
- Pre-Assessment: Although not required to achieve certification, for organizations who have not undergone the ISO 27001 process before, the pre-assessment is conducted for organizations who need additional assistance in becoming ISO 27001 compliant. A-LIGN simulates the certification process by performing a review of the company’s scope, policies, procedures, and processes to identify any gaps that may need remediation prior to certification.
- Stage 1 Audit: A-LIGN reviews the organization’s scope, policies, procedures, and processes to confirm conformance with the documentation requirements of ISO 27001.
- Stage 2 Audit: Once organizations have completed stage 1, the stage 2 tests the conformance of the information security management system with ISO 27001 and the company’s internal policies and procedures. This includes interviews, inspections of documented evidence, and observations of organizational processes.
- Surveillance Audit: To ensure that the organization’s ISMS continues to conform to ISO 27001 standards, surveillance audits are performed for two years following certification.
The information security management standard lasts for three years and is subject to mandatory audits to ensure that you are compliant. At the end of the three years, you will be required to complete a reassessment audit in order to receive the standard for an additional three years.
for more information or get certified please visit http://www.aeciso.com